- What happens when I transfer my account?
When you transfer your account all of your data will be migrated into UFs Google tenant. Subsequent logins will use the UF login (login.ufl.edu).
- What happens if I decline to transfer my account?
If you choose to not migrate your account, when Google becomes generally available for UF a new account will be created for you. On your next sign-in you will be prompted to change the e-mail address associated with your person @ufl.edu account. You have three options:
- Rename the @ufl.edu account with a new Gmail address (email@example.com)
- Rename the @ufl.edu account with a non-Gmail address that you already own
- Sign in with a temporary firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you choose this option you will be prompted to rename the account every time you sign-in.
- I have a Google account under email@example.com, how do I migrate this data?
We are only supporting the transfer of @ufl.edu accounts into UFs Google tenant.
- I have a Google account with a primary address of firstname.lastname@example.org with an alias of email@example.com, can I migrate my data?
Because the account is primarily associated with your @department.ufl.edu address we cannot support account transfers.
- Will my links and external sharing in Google Drive continue to work after I migrate?
- What Google Services are available in the UF rollout?
- Drive and Docs
- Google Hangouts
- Groups for Business
- Hangout Chats